Friday, October 18, 2013

Easy and Quick DIY Halloween Party Invitations

Posted by Vicki at Friday, October 18, 2013
I needed to make some quick invitations for a friend's party last week. On a time crunch and with a budget, I had to get a little creative! Luckily for her and me, I had a huge stack of recipe cards laying around as well as a handful of Halloween stamps I had been dying to try out.

I took a background stamp, inked it up really good, stamped it once to get some of the excess ink off, and then stamped it all over the recipe card trying to create a "shadowy" background. This helps add some texture to a relatively simple invitation.
Then I used one of my bargain witch stamps on a piece of card stock, colored in the yellow moon with pencil, cut a bigger circle out of black card stock to put around it and used dimensional dots to attach it to the recipe card. The 'You're Invited' stamp was also from the Michael's bargain bin. Beneath that I used an invitation stamp to allow my friend to write her party's details. I then backed it on some Halloween scrapbook paper and cut a decorative edge - you can also use edge punches here. You can add glitter (orange, black, or purple, etc) or embossing to any of the stamps for some extra oomph. Voila! Easy, cute Halloween party invitations using things I already had!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jubilee Crafts Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea