Saturday, September 13, 2014

Scraps and Notecard Vintage Garden Mini Album

Posted by Vicki at Saturday, September 13, 2014






I wanted to make a quick and pretty book, so I decided to take some of the notecards that you can get at Michaels in the $1.50 bin and try my hand at making a mini photo album with them. It was pretty quick and easy! In making this, I decided I could use a lot of my scraps.

The front has one of the notecards and some left over fairies and roses; I used Tulip Diamond Glitter fabric paint to add the bling - I find using it is a lot cheaper than Stickles, and I can add color to it if I want. I used some pink camo duct tape for the binding. Inside, the waterfall is made from the cards, taping them on either side and mounting them onto an envelope. This makes a pocket! On the back of each one, I used some leftover papers and stamped and embossed them.

 
 


The tags were from papers I had from a scrap magazine - sorry, I can't remember which one! The pulls on the tags are made from a Martha Stewart corner punch, then cut out with 1 1/2" circle punch. The tags on the pocket side were all made from pieces I had leftover. The tags open up with paper on both sides, the album will hold about 30 pictures. I really like the way they turned out and think from now on I'll use my scraps from each project this way, that way I won't have a million lying around.


 




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jubilee Crafts Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea