Saturday, January 14, 2017

Winter Penguin Window Greeting Cards

Posted by Amanda at Saturday, January 14, 2017
I love the window cards that I see every where and I love shaker cards so I combined the two in this card. I challenged myself to make several cards with these penguin stickers that I got at Hobby Lobby. I wanted to do something simple, and I don't have any of those special window dies so I decided to use what I had on hand. During the process of making this card I realized I had no acetate for the windows so I did as I have done before and used Project Life Photo Pockets - I get them at Walmart.I love the texture of the cut out cross stitched square left from the windows so I used distress ink to color them and used them as the background for the window; I decided I needed a little more color, but didn't have any blue card stock so with the help of the wonderful card makers out there on Youtube I just used my Tim Holtz ink and did a border of color to matched, added Cartwright sequins, and some beads from my stash. I stamped the "Merry Christmas" with Versafine onyx black and that's it! To finish it off, I added a penguin inside.

- Vicki






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jubilee Crafts Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea