Sunday, October 6, 2013

Toilet Paper Roll Halloween Treat Holders

Posted by Vicki at Sunday, October 06, 2013
These are festive Halloween treat holders, made out of toilet paper rolls, bargain holiday napkins, and a few office supplies lying around the house. I used Mod Podge on the darker colored napkin rolls, but I found that the lighter ones looked better by simply wrapping them around the roll and attaching them with one seam in the back using Aileen's Tacky Glue. I used a box fold to close off the bottom and glued it to seal, while I left the top un-glued so that it can be opened and filled with sweets.

I got the idea of using the office clips to attach the treat holder "heads" from some projects on Pinterest that used them in scrapbooking. To keep the heads upright, I used plain white card stock as a backing. I did this by making that portion of the napkin a sticker by running it through my handy dandy Xyron. I love that thing! I invested in it about a year ago, and it's such a great tool for paper crafting.

The labels are attached with pipe cleaner "hands" and I used some bargain-bin Halloween stamps from Michaels. I get almost all of my stamps from here. They have some great finds in their dollar bins and clearance sections! I've just begun to experiment with embossing powders and I love the way they look - I'm sure I'll be using them a lot more often.

These do not stand up by themselves (as they are pictured), but I thought they could be used as gift embellishments or maybe even place settings at a holiday party.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jubilee Crafts Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea